A Gymshark Event. But, Make It Online. We've brought the buzz of our IRL events, straight to the URL. With appearances from a few special guests, you won't want to miss out on this.
Eating the same food for lunch each week is a recipe for disaster, and, having a varied diet doesn't require hours spent in the kitchen.
What if you had a meal prep recipe that can be made in less than 20 minutes, and still hits those macros?
This super tasty, easy to make low-carb pasta meal prep recipe will reignite your tastebuds, without sending your diet off track.
Low in carbohydrates and fat, with each serving having only 156 calories; this creamy tomato and carrot prawn pasta recipe is a low-calorie meal prep option that can fit in around your nutrition and training goals.
Love to get creative? This meal prep recipe is full of healthy vegetables, making it a delicious, flexible base for any meal, whichever protein source you decide to throw on top. And, if you want something a little more carb-heavy, switch out the zucchini noodles for regular noodles or pasta.
This meal prep recipe is freezable and reheat-able, too! Cook your meals in bulk and have your lunches sorted for the entire week - perfect for meals on-the-go, saving money at the school canteen or keeping your nutrition on point while at work.
156 Calories p/serving
- Protein: 17g
- Carbs: 18g
- Fat: 3g
*recipe makes 8 servings
Creamy tomato and carrot prawn pasta meal prep recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced into large pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 medium carrots, diced into large pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes, or 10 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup water
Optional: 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water for 2-3 hours or boiling water for 15 minutes (optional, for even creamier pasta sauce)
Optional: salt, pepper, chilli flakes
To serve: Spiralized zucchini (about 10 zucchinis), 500g cooked prawns, halved cherry tomatoes
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and add the olive oil. Once heated, add the garlic and cook until fragrant (~30 sec).
- Add the onions and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the diced carrots and tomatoes. Saute for another 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir through 1/4 cup water. When the mixture starts boiling, turn down the heat to simmer and cover the pot. Let it simmer covered for about 15 minutes or until carrots are very tender.
- Empty the contents into a blender and puree until smooth. Drain and blend soaked cashews if using, and add them into the blender until completely pureed and the sauce becomes thick and creamy with no cashew pieces left.
- Add the zucchini to the pot and stir through the sauce until combined.
- Stir through cooked prawns until heated through. Season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Serve.
VEGAN? Not to worry, simply remove or replace the prawns from the ingredients. We recommend adding tofu or a variety of beans to help deliver a punch of protein in your meal prep.