Join us in celebration and education.
Eating low-calorie meal prep meals can soon become a little dull and repetitive, but, don't worry; we're here to stop that!
Move over plain chicken and broccoli...
Do you fancy something a little different?
This delectable Honey Sriracha Chicken recipe tastes just as good in your tupperware as it does on a dinner plate. A healthy meal prep recipe high in protein, that won't ruin your budget.
We know sticking to a budget and eating healthily can often conflict, but this low-calorie meal prep is packed with over 50g of protein, and less than 325kcal in each meal; trust us when we say cheap meal prep has never tasted so good.
This is not a recipe to elide, pre-heat your oven and throw on that white paper toque. It's time to spice up this week's lunches with Honey Sriracha Chicken!
*recipe makes 4 meals
Here's what you'll need:
- 3 chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch pieces (24 ounce/680g)
- 1 egg white (30g), beaten
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 tsp sesame oil
HONEY SRIRACHA SAUCE
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, or as desired
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 200°C/425°F.
- Dip the chicken in the egg whites, then in cornstarch and season with 3/4 tsp salt.
- Grease a large nonstick pan then add the chicken, leaving room for the greens on one end.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven and flip over, then add greens on the other half of the pan and drizzle with 2 tsp sesame oil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place back in the oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through, roughly 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk honey, sriracha sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil together until smooth.
- Add the chicken and toss in sauce to coat.
- Serve over brown rice topped with green onions and sesame seeds as desired.