Four new capsules. One growing family. Explore the Adapt Collection and its newest family member...
From the Singapore GP, to the US Open, many superstar athletes such as Lewis Hamilton and Venus Williams enjoy vegetarian and vegan based diets.
Although many top end athletes excel on this fuel source, it's important to realise that meal planning is even more critical to ensure we consume a full range of nutrients in our diet.
Following a vegetarian diet has many benefits, but, it can also pose it's own nutrient challenges - with one of the main obstacles being the substitution of protein-rich meats found in a typical carnivorous diet.
Consuming adequate amounts of protein is vital for our health and, if you're active, your body requires even more protein to help repair damaged muscle tissue as a result of exercise.
So, finding a delicious, easy to make a high-protein recipe isn't quite as simple as it is for our carnivorous counterparts.
But fear not, this veggie pasta bake recipe is packed full of protein (35g to be precise) and doesn't require any form of elaborate culinary expertise...
A must try for anyone following a meat-free diet.
Let's get cookin'.
You want the 411 on the macros; we get it, and, we've got it:
- Calories: 483kcal
- Fat: 14g
- Carbs: 53g
- Protein: 35g
*Recipe makes four servings.
There are no complicated, exotic ingredients here. Raid your cupboards, or add these items to your next shopping list:
- 400g pasta (of your choice)
- 500g tofu, crumbled until it's "mince-like"
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs or pizza seasoning
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta
- Fresh basil for topping
Clear and simple, here are the five steps to turn your raw ingredients into a incredibly tasty high-protein vegetable bake:
- Preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Cook pasta as directed on the packet, drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine onions, marinara sauce, seasoning, egg whites, low-fat mozzarella and ricotta. Mix and stir through cooked pasta (reserve a pinch of mozzarella for the topping).
- Pour ingredients into a greased, rectangular baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown on top.
- Slice and top with fresh basil to serve.