Find out more about Helen; Menswear Garment Technologist. And if you think this job could be for you? You may want to take a look...
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CAFFEINE... INTRODUCING: MOCHA MUFFINS
CAFFEINE AND CHOCOLATE...
Two of my all-time favourite ingredients combined to form the ever-decadent, Mocha Muffin.
So, the nutritional side of things...As always, this recipe is an indulgent yet healthy treat...packed full of protein at 16g per serving, they're both low in fat and carbs - don't say I don't treat you. Scroll down to the bottom for the full nutritional breakdown.
Personally, I like to enjoy my Mocha Muffin with a morning coffee because of the energising properties from the espresso and the dark chocolate. There is no such thing as too much coffee...
I like to add frosting to my muffins, but as with any cake, this is completely optional! You could also add in some pecans to enhance the flavour, but for this particular recipe, I was aiming to keep the fat content as low as I could.
However you wish to make this muffins, trust me when I say, this flavour combo is a treat for the tastebuds! Enjoy!
Love, Lainey x
LAINEY'S TOP TIPS:
STORAGE: KEEP THE MUFFINS EXTRA FRESH, BY STORING THEM IN THE FRIDGE.
SERVING SUGGESTION: WITH A CUP OF COFFEE ON THE SIDE. GUEST'S WILL HAVE NO IDEA THAT THEY'RE EATING SOMETHING HEALTHY...
DRY INGREDIENTS | MUFFINS:
35g Almond Flour
55g Chocolate Protein Powder
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 30g Dark Chocolate Chips
WET INGREDIENTS | MUFFINS:
- 70ml Egg Whites
- 60g Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 200g Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Shot of Strong Espresso
- 3tsp Coffee Extract
COFFEE ICING | FROSTING:
- 15g Vanilla Casein
- 80g Sugar Free Icing Sugar
- 100g Lightest Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 2tsp Coffee Extract
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F and grease your muffin tray.
- Add all of the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add all of the wet ingredients into the bowl containing the dry ingredients and incorporate using a spatula..
- Incorporate the chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire-cooling rack before icing.
- For the coffee flavour icing, simply mix all the ingredients together!
SERVES 6 (PER MUFFIN)
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fats: 5g
- Calories: 150kcal