It's back. Your monthly round-up of Gymshark favourites...
We all love pizza, and despite a few questionable toppings (ham & pineapple, we're looking at you) - there's not much that doesn't taste good on that yummy dough...
Enter the Berry Cheesecake Protein Pizza, packed with tasty fresh berries and high in protein. You'll get around ten delicious slices of pizza from the recipe; great for a treat in the fridge, dessert with the family or as your donation to your next summer BBQ.
Plus, if you're vegan or have dietary requirements, you can tweak the recipe to suit!
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yoghurt (220g)
- 1 cup self-rising flour (150g)
- 225g Low fat cream cheese (regular or vegan)
- 1 scoop protein of choice
- 2-3 tbsp sweetener, to taste (honey, maple syrup etc) (60g)
- 2-4 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3-4 cups mixed berries
- Preheat Oven to 180°C
- Stir Together yoghurt and flour until a tick dough forms.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until it forms a dough ball.
- Place dough ball on a sheet of baking paper. Roll out to desired size (approximately 10-inches diameter). Place on a baking tray or pizza pan/stone.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Beat softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl food processor until smooth.
- Add protein, sweetener, lemon juice and zest adding 1tbsp of milk at a time, until mixture is creamy and spreads easily with the spatula.
- Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Slice strawberries and large blackberries in half.
- Place half the berries onto the pizza dough and top with cheesecake filling, then scatter the remaining berries over the cheesecake filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing.
Recipe makes 8 - 10 slices.